Thành viên BQT
Tham gia
6/7/07
Bài viết
Điểm thành tích
Website
giaxaydung.vn
Hello everybody

May I suggest a rule for this box: English is the only language to be used in here.

Today I would like to introduce to you a new place in Giaxaydung: the English club. I think we should have a place to practice English and improve English skills such as writing, reading and thinking, even joking. Do you agree with me?

I think, being good at English is very important for us. I will tell you why:

First, if you are good at English you could have a chance to get a job with good salary.
Second, being good at English helps you to read and translate professional books, lessons and newspapers. This means that you can get information to make your job and your life more exciting.
Another thing, you may obtain a full scholarship to study abroad (this is the think I like the best).
And there are many other reasons why you must be good at English.
Finally, if your English is good you might be helpful to your children (maybe you can teach your children in the future :D).

My English is not good enough so I cannot express myself very clearly to you. But I would like to invite you to join our English club, we will do everything to improve our English.
Can anyone volunteer to become English club's MOD?

Each day we should have a topic to discuss. You should use some free time to prepare and present about the topic. I my opinion, that is the good way for us to relaxing and learning English.

Maybe there are some mistakes in my writing above. Could anyone correct it for me?

Thank you for you attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

queenbee

Hello everybody

May I suggest a rule for this box: English is the only language to be used in here.

Today I would like to introduce to you a new place in Giaxaydung: the English club. I think we should have a place to practice English and improve English skills such as writing, reading and thinking, even joking. Do you agree with me?

I think, being good at English is very important for us. I will tell you why:

Firstly, if you are good at English, you may have a chance to get a well-paid job.

Secondly, the good knowledge of English will enable you to read and translate professional books, lessons and newspapers. This means that you can get information to make your job and your life more exciting.
Furthermore, you may obtain a full scholarship to study abroad (which is I like the best).
Finally, if your English is good, you might be helpful to your children (i.e you can teach your children in the future :D).

And many other reasons, etc..

To tell the truth, my English is not so good so I cannot fully express all my thoughts to you. However, with all advantages of English and for the sake of yourself, I would like to invite you to join our English club, where we will have a lot of chance to improve our English.

Can anyone volunteer to become English club's MOD?

Each day we should have a topic to discuss. You should use some free time to prepare and present about the topic. In my opinion, that is the good way for us to relax and learn English.

Maybe there are some mistakes in my writing above. Could anyone correct it for me?

Thank you for you attention.

Mr The Anh,

Thank you for your great suggest as It has also appeared in my thought. I've made some corrections on your presentation. That's great! I'm sure.

You have kicked the ball rolling. I volunteer to become a..sub-Mod :D (or co-Mod). Who volunteer to become Mod???

nguyentheanh

Tác giả Dự toán GXD
Thành viên BQT
Tham gia
6/7/07
Bài viết
Điểm thành tích
Website
giaxaydung.vn
Dear.........er Ms. Hoa
You should call me: Dear Mr The Anh or Oh! My Darling in your post :D.
That's very kind of you to correct the mistake in my essay. I think after you do something my essay is better than before.
Thank you for your volunteer. You are the Mod of this room. I hope your room is the best place to visit in giaxaydung building :D. I hope I will always have a change to visit here.
Everyone don't laugh like that, please. My writing skill is really not good.

P/S: Hoa, when I come back from abroad (after my study), I will have a big present for you. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

queenbee

Dear Mr. The Anh (yes, sorry for only saying Mr. The Anh) :p

Thank you for your trust on me. But I think should anybody esle undertake this room. I promise to participate with enthusiasm.

Yes, I am very happy to hear that I will have "big present" from you. Yes, dream of it ;) :D.

Q

queenbee

Dear all my friends,

To start with our English club today, I am very happy as that we have just enjoyed a very great weekend? And what do you usually do at the weekend?

Our topic today will be Hobbies and Interests.

Yes, there is variety of such hobbies and interests, such as swimming (very good idea espeacially in the summer), reading, watching TV, shopping, travelling and etc..

I will tell you about my hobbies, that is travelling and reading and the reasons why I like them.

Travelling will help you broaden your knowledge, your mind. When you go to a new place, this is not simply to admire the beauties of nature but also to know more about the people, the culture, history and excitingly the specialities like food, traditional products, etc..It is said that “travel is a means of education”, for example, a visit to a museum or galleries in which masterpieces are displayed can improve our aesthetic sense. Furthermore, while travelling, you can enjoy the peace of mind as you can totally free yourself from the daily pressure and worry, you can relax yourself or with your family or your friends with the very good sea products or climb up to the top of the mountain to enjoy fresh air. Oh, how great travelling is!

Reading is also one of my hobbies. A careful selection of books is very essential or we can poision ourselves. Reading is considered one of the best way to broaden our knowledge. Thanks to reading, we know more about the history, economy, politics, religion and even know how to cook a good food. We can also relax ourselves with a novel or a strip cartoon. They also help us to overcome the serious moment of life and develop our imagination with detective and advanture stories like Robinson Crusoe by Dariel Defoe.

What about you, what are your hobbies and interests?

P

phuctpv

Dear Ms Thanh Hoa and Mr The Anh

I joined this forum one hour ago, but I thought I have found the best forum of Vietnam construction field. I have thought, someday I will make the website that all VN civil engineer can discuss, debate together about all of construction field.
I realize that faculty English most of Civil Engineer is not good, thats disadvantage for us to work with foreign company as well as foreign project.
I try to learn English everyday in order to adapt to circumstances as well as general trend
Sorry Ms Thanh Hoa because I stray from your subject, I will follow your topic later.

Regard,

Q

queenbee

Dear Ms Thanh Hoa and Mr The Anh

I joined this forum one hour ago, but I thought I have found the best forum of Vietnam construction field. I have thought, someday I will make the website that all VN civil engineer can discuss, debate together about all of construction field.
I realize that faculty English most of Civil Engineer is not good, thats disadvantage for us to work with foreign company as well as foreign project.
I try to learn English everyday in order to adapt to circumstances as well as general trend
Sorry Ms Thanh Hoa because I stray from your subject, I will follow your topic later.

Regard,

Dear Mr. Phuctpv,

Thank you for joining us and your comments.

I myself think that one of the most disadvantages of most archiects/engineers is without of with little fluency of English. And the fact has been proven in my company. Many architects/engineers with very good professional qualification who can become a team leader/project manager, however, he/she is not good at English, so he/she can not work directly with the foreigner partners.

I do hope that with a small part of myself, and with participation of many other people, you can find this the very useful forum for you in professional carreer as well as improvement of your English skill.

I am looking forward to the participation of all of you.

Thank you and best regards,

L

lea771

Hi everybody!! I love this forum, but now I just can read and understand, not write well.hihi. So I will try to learn more and more from all of you. Thank for making this forum!!.

Q

queenbee

The English club is the place you can practise English and therefore improve your English. You are encouranged to write, to speak as much as possible as this is one of the most effective way that you can approach to English proficiency.

You should not hesitate or wonder that you are not good at writing or speaking as others. Here, I am sure that many people can help you.

The more you are confident, the faster you learn English.

And the temperory slogan of our English club shall be:

"Nothing is impossible!" :)

Try and cheer!

P

phuctpv

I agree with Ms Flower, but
The more you work with foreign partner, the more you enhance your English :)

P

phuctpv

To say goodbye with Di Linh and Saigon, the next my journey is DungQuat, go to Dung Quat with duties and obligations made me feel interest, with great investment, this is really big site since I have work ed before. However, the facilities very poor as well the weather even this place that i was born and familer with long time before. You can not find the restaurant and coffee shop like Danang or Saigon, there is no entertament place, it take 1h for me to bought the CD box for sending to Saigon, the pouring rain made me feel blue in the empty room. At night, computer is the best friend for your entertament.

Howerver, thats above telling just for plesure, the most importance I have to try and THE NEW DAY WILL COME

Try, try, try Phuc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ww3fxC0YWE[/youtube]

H

hoangquocan

I am newcomer !

Hi all !
This forum is so useful. Thanks Queen Bee (your nick is beatiful), The Anh. Your enthusiasm
is attract me to join here. I am a construction enginner, live and work at Danang city. I am very interested in English, but not good in use it. In my company, English is not used frequence. So i am very glad when i know this forum, where i can writing , reading English easily. I will introduce this forum with some friends.
Tks.

L

luuduy

Hi every body,

So superised. When I access this forum, I though that it shall be useful for my job - an investment project assistant and translator with complicated construction terms in Vietnamese. But.. I was wrong. I also can improve my English and can take experiences from your suggestion on translation skills.
Thanks for useful forum.
Send my warm regards and best wishes to your friends and families on the occassion of Christmas and New Year 2008.

R

Rùa Vàng

Hi, everyone.

I don't know much about real estate. Just a newbie in the field of biz. However, I am confident with my English and indeed want to join you guys.

My br,

Emlamotvisao

L

lamvien

I agree with Ms Flower, but
The more you work with foreign partner, the more you enhance your English :)

So, Let me say about feeling while trying to talk with a foreigner.
The more you talk with foreign partner, the more fatigue your arms are.
khà khà khà.

V

vanchien7185

hi everyone, today I access the internet , I read all of your comments by chance. I also want to have a place to practice learning english. as you know ,it's so great to learn english with friends. I'm bored to learng english alone or at the english center. I really want to have a friend who can speak english to me. I think this is the best way to improve english. we can say together whatever, whenever we're free. Is it right

trangnamkwang

Thành viên mới
Tham gia
18/11/08
Bài viết
Điểm thành tích
This topic's open 4 a while but it seems not many ppl drop here. Now & then, mayb all ppl r now buzi a bit with work, office or such kinda stuff. That's great idea 2 open a place when we can write or talk wotever we wanna though.
So, how to make thiz group bkome more crowded and effective?! big question,huh? Not eazi at all to find the way.
Aactually, juzt wanna say hello & wish u guys luck 4 all times
Cheer,

cityboy

Thành viên sắp được phong Thành viên Năng động
Tham gia
10/8/07
Bài viết
Điểm thành tích
Dear trangnamkwang et al,

Thank you, trangnamkwang, for resuscitating a very interesting thread after a long sleep. However, your post suddenly reminded me of an impressive application for job written in English that was forwarded to me long ago. I cut & paste it below for everybody's reference.

Deer Sir,

I waunt to apply for the secritary job what I saw in the paper. I can Type real quik wit one finggar and do sum a counting.

I think I am good on the phone and no I am a pepole person, Pepole really seam to respond to me well.

I´m lookin for a Jobb as a secritary but it musent be to complicaited.

I no my spelling is not to good but find that I Offen can get a job thru my persinalety. My salerery is open so we can discus wat you want to pay me and wat you think that I am werth,

I can start imeditely. Thank you in advanse fore yore anser. .

hopifuly Yore best aplicant so farr.

Sinseerly,

Peggy May Starlings

PS : Because my resimay is a bit short - below is a pickture of me taken at my last jobb.

Employer's response:......

Dear Peggy May,

It's OK honey, we've got spell check.

We are now practicing English and, I think, we would try to speak/write each other a clear and close-to-native language but such broken like the lady's one.

Tải bộ cài phần mềm Dự toán GXD, Đấu thầu GXD, Thanh Quyết toán GXD, Quản lý chất lượng GXD. Dành cho người mua bản quyền
Kích để xem khóa học Dự toán công trình
Kích để xem khóa học Dự toán công trình
Phần mềm quản lý chất lượng công trình QLCL GXD
Tìm hiểu khóa học Thanh Quyết toán GXD

Các bài viết mới