Obama's Victory Speech/Diễn văn chiến thắng của Tân Tổng thống Mỹ Obama

• Khởi xướng minhtuong
  • Ngày gửi
M

minhtuong

Obama.jpg

If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time; who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer.

It's the answer told by lines that stretched around schools and churches in numbers this nation has never seen; by people who waited three hours and four hours, many for the very first time in their lives, because they believed that this time must be different; that their voice could be that difference.

It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled - Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection of Red States and Blue States: we are, and always will be, the United States of America.

It's the answer that led those who have been told for so long by so many to be cynical, and fearful, and doubtful of what we can achieve to put their hands on the arc of history and bend it once more toward the hope of a better day.

It's been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America.

I just received a very gracious call from Senator McCain. He fought long and hard in this campaign, and he's fought even longer and harder for the country he loves. He has endured sacrifices for America that most of us cannot begin to imagine, and we are better off for the service rendered by this brave and selfless leader. I congratulate him and Governor Palin for all they have achieved, and I look forward to working with them to renew this nation's promise in the months ahead.

I want to thank my partner in this journey, a man who campaigned from his heart and spoke for the men and women he grew up with on the streets of Scranton and rode with on that train home to Delaware, the Vice President-elect of the United States, Joe Biden.

I would not be standing here tonight without the unyielding support of my best friend for the last sixteen years, the rock of our family and the love of my life, our nation's next First Lady, Michelle Obama. Sasha and Malia, I love you both so much, and you have earned the new puppy that's coming with us to the White House.

And while she's no longer with us, I know my grandmother is watching, along with the family that made me who I am. I miss them tonight, and know that my debt to them is beyond measure.

To my campaign manager David Plouffe, my chief strategist David Axelrod, and the best campaign team ever assembled in the history of politics - you made this happen, and I am forever grateful for what you've sacrificed to get it done.

But above all, I will never forget who this victory truly belongs to - it belongs to you.

I was never the likeliest candidate for this office. We didn't start with much money or many endorsements. Our campaign was not hatched in the halls of Washington - it began in the backyards of Des Moines and the living rooms of Concord and the front porches of Charleston.

It was built by working men and women who dug into what little savings they had to give five dollars and ten dollars and twenty dollars to this cause. It grew strength from the young people who rejected the myth of their generation's apathy; who left their homes and their families for jobs that offered little pay and less sleep; from the not-so-young people who braved the bitter cold and scorching heat to knock on the doors of perfect strangers; from the millions of Americans who volunteered, and organized, and proved that more than two centuries later, a government of the people, by the people and for the people has not perished from this Earth. This is your victory.

I know you didn't do this just to win an election and I know you didn't do it for me. You did it because you understand the enormity of the task that lies ahead. For even as we celebrate tonight, we know the challenges that tomorrow will bring are the greatest of our lifetime - two wars, a planet in peril, the worst financial crisis in a century. Even as we stand here tonight, we know there are brave Americans waking up in the deserts of Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan to risk their lives for us. There are mothers and fathers who will lie awake after their children fall asleep and wonder how they'll make the mortgage, or pay their doctor's bills, or save enough for college. There is new energy to harness and new jobs to be created; new schools to build and threats to meet and alliances to repair.

The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America - I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you - we as a people will get there.

There will be setbacks and false starts. There are many who won't agree with every decision or policy I make as President, and we know that government can't solve every problem. But I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face. I will listen to you, especially when we disagree. And above all, I will ask you join in the work of remaking this nation the only way it's been done in America for two-hundred and twenty-one years - block by block, brick by brick, calloused hand by calloused hand.

What began twenty-one months ago in the depths of winter must not end on this autumn night. This victory alone is not the change we seek - it is only the chance for us to make that change. And that cannot happen if we go back to the way things were. It cannot happen without you.

So let us summon a new spirit of patriotism; of service and responsibility where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves, but each other. Let us remember that if this financial crisis taught us anything, it's that we cannot have a thriving Wall Street while Main Street suffers - in this country, we rise or fall as one nation; as one people.

Let us resist the temptation to fall back on the same partisanship and pettiness and immaturity that has poisoned our politics for so long. Let us remember that it was a man from this state who first carried the banner of the Republican Party to the White House - a party founded on the values of self-reliance, individual liberty, and national unity. Those are values we all share, and while the Democratic Party has won a great victory tonight, we do so with a measure of humility and determination to heal the divides that have held back our progress. As Lincoln said to a nation far more divided than ours, "We are not enemies, but friends...though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection." And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn - I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your President too.

And to all those watching tonight from beyond our shores, from parliaments and palaces to those who are huddled around radios in the forgotten corners of our world - our stories are singular, but our destiny is shared, and a new dawn of American leadership is at hand. To those who would tear this world down - we will defeat you. To those who seek peace and security - we support you. And to all those who have wondered if America's beacon still burns as bright - tonight we proved once more that the true strength of our nation comes not from our the might of our arms or the scale of our wealth, but from the enduring power of our ideals: democracy, liberty, opportunity, and unyielding hope.

For that is the true genius of America - that America can change. Our union can be perfected. And what we have already achieved gives us hope for what we can and must achieve tomorrow.

This election had many firsts and many stories that will be told for generations. But one that's on my mind tonight is about a woman who cast her ballot in Atlanta. She's a lot like the millions of others who stood in line to make their voice heard in this election except for one thing - Ann Nixon Cooper is 106 years old.

She was born just a generation past slavery; a time when there were no cars on the road or planes in the sky; when someone like her couldn't vote for two reasons - because she was a woman and because of the color of her skin.

And tonight, I think about all that she's seen throughout her century in America - the heartache and the hope; the struggle and the progress; the times we were told that we can't, and the people who pressed on with that American creed: Yes we can.

At a time when women's voices were silenced and their hopes dismissed, she lived to see them stand up and speak out and reach for the ballot. Yes we can.

When there was despair in the dust bowl and depression across the land, she saw a nation conquer fear itself with a New Deal, new jobs and a new sense of common purpose. Yes we can.

When the bombs fell on our harbor and tyranny threatened the world, she was there to witness a generation rise to greatness and a democracy was saved. Yes we can.

She was there for the buses in Montgomery, the hoses in Birmingham, a bridge in Selma, and a preacher from Atlanta who told a people that "We Shall Overcome." Yes we can.

A man touched down on the moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was connected by our own science and imagination. And this year, in this election, she touched her finger to a screen, and cast her vote, because after 106 years in America, through the best of times and the darkest of hours, she knows how America can change. Yes we can.

America, we have come so far. We have seen so much. But there is so much more to do. So tonight, let us ask ourselves - if our children should live to see the next century; if my daughters should be so lucky to live as long as Ann Nixon Cooper, what change will they see? What progress will we have made?

This is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment. This is our time - to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American Dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people:

Yes We Can. Thank you, God bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America.

Last edited by a moderator:

vinhlv

Thành viên sắp được phong Thành viên Năng động
Tham gia
6/3/08
Bài viết
Điểm thành tích
It grew strength from the young people who rejected the myth of their generation's apathy; who left their homes and their families for jobs that offered little pay and less sleep;..... This is your victory.

Câu này thật cảm động, tình cảnh giống như anh em xây dựng công trình quá...:-?

M

minhtuong

Mình thì rất thích những đoạn này: .

There will be setbacks and false starts. There are many who won't agree with every decision or policy I make as President, and we know that government can't solve every problem. But I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face.

The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America - I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you - we as a people will get there.

I know you didn't do this just to win an election and I know you didn't do it for me. You did it because you understand the enormity of the task that lies ahead

It's been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America.

H

Hugolina

Tớ chưa dịch cái món diễn văn chính trị này bao giờ. Nay thử vậy, có gì bà con góp ý nhé:

CHANGE HAS COME

If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time; who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer.

It's the answer told by lines that stretched around schools and churches in numbers this nation has never seen; by people who waited three hours and four hours, many for the very first time in their lives, because they believed that this time must be different; that their voices could be that difference.

It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled - Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of Red States and Blue States: we are, and always will be, the United States of America.

It's the answer that led those who have been told for so long by so many to be cynical, and fearful, and doubtful of what we can achieve to put their hands on the arc of history and bend it once more toward the hope of a better day.

SỰ THAY ĐỔI ĐÃ TỚI

Nếu còn ai đó vẫn hoài nghi chuyện nước Mỹ là nơi mọi điều đều có thể xảy ra, chuyện ước mơ của cha ông thủa dựng nước vẫn sống trong thời đại chúng ta, hay còn chưa tin vào sức mạnh của nền dân chủ của chúng ta, hay vẫn nghi ngờ về sức mạnh của nền dân chủ Mỹ, thì tối nay là chính câu trả lời cho các bạn.

Đó là câu trả lời từ những dòng người kéo dài quanh các trường học và nhà thờ, với số lượng đông đảo chưa từng thấy trên cả nước, là những người dân, trong số họ có những người lần đầu tiên trong đời, chờ đợi tới ba, bốn tiếng đồng hồ, bởi họ tin rằng đây phải là thời khắc thay đổi, rằng tiếng nói của họ có thể chính là sự thay đổi đó.

Đó là câu trả lời từ những người dân Mỹ, thanh niên tới cụ già, người giàu có tới nghèo khó ; người theo Đảng Dân chủ cũng như theo Đảng Cộng Hòa; người da đen, da trắng, người gốc Tây Ban Nha, người gốc Á cùng người gốc da đỏ; người đồng tính cùng người bình thường; người tàn tật và người lành lặn – những người đã gửi một thông điệp đến cho cả thế giới rằng từ trước tới nay chúng ta không phải chỉ là một tập hợp những cá nhân, hay một tập hợp các tiểu bang mà Đảng Cộng hòa hoặc Đảng Dân chủ cầm quyền: Chúng ta đang và sẽ mãi mãi là Hợp Chủng Quốc Hoa Kỳ.

Đó là câu trả lời khiến những người bao lâu sống sợ hãi và hoài nghi về những điều mà con người có thể đạt được vì đã bị người ta giáo dục rằng cần phải thế, nay đã đặt đôi tay của họ lên bánh xe lịch sử và một lần nữa lái nó theo hướng hy vọng cho một tương lai tốt đẹp hơn.

Đã phải mất rất nhiều thời gian, song tối nay, với những gì chúng ta đã làm ngày hôm nay, trong cuộc bầu cử này, vào thời điểm quyết định này, thay đổi đã tới với nước Mỹ.

PARTNERS IN THE JOURNEY

A little bit earlier this evening I received an extraordinarily gracious call from Senator McCain. He fought long and hard in this campaign, and he's fought even longer and harder for the country he loves. He has endured sacrifices for America that most of us cannot begin to imagine. We are better off for the service rendered by this brave and selfless leader.

I congratulate him, I congratulate Governor Palin, for all they have achieved, and I look forward to working with them to renew this nation's promise in the months ahead.
I want to thank my partner in this journey, a man who campaigned from his heart and spoke for the men and women he grew up with on the streets of Scranton and rode with on that train home to Delaware, the vice-president-elect of the United States, Joe Biden.

And I would not be standing here tonight without the unyielding support of my best friend for the last 16 years, the rock of our family, the love of my life, the nation's next first lady, Michelle Obama. Sasha and Malia, I love you both more than you can imagine, and you have earned the new puppy that's coming with us to the White House.

And while she's no longer with us, I know my grandmother is watching, along with the family that made me who I am. I miss them tonight, and know that my debt to them is beyond measure. To my sister Maya, my sister Auma, all my other brothers and sisters - thank you so much for all the support you have given me. I am grateful to them.

To my campaign manager David Plouffe, the unsung hero of this campaign, who built the best political campaign in the history of the United States of America. My chief strategist David Axelrod, who has been a partner with me every step of the way, and to the best campaign team ever assembled in the history of politics - you made this happen, and I am forever grateful for what you've sacrificed to get it done.

NHỮNG NGƯỜI ĐỒNG HÀNH

Lúc chiều, tôi có nhận được cuộc điện thoại chúc mừng đặc biệt của Thượng nghị sĩ McCain. Ông đã đấu tranh bền bỉ và mạnh mẽ cho cuộc vận động tranh cử này, song ông còn đấu tranh bền bỉ và mạnh mẽ hơn nhiều cho Tổ quốc mà ông yêu quý. Vì đất nước, ông đã phải chịu những hy sinh mà đa số trong chúng ta khó có thể tưởng tượng nổi. Cuộc sống của chúng ta ngày nay tốt đẹp hơn là nhờ sự tận tâm của nhà lãnh đạo dũng cảm và quên mình vì Tổ quốc này.

Xin được chúc mừng ông và xin chúc mừng Thống đốc Palin vì những thành quả họ đã đạt được, Tôi mong được cộng tác với họ để đổi mới những lời hứa đối với đất nước trong những tháng sắp tới.

Tôi cũng xin cảm ơn người bạn đồng hành của tôi, người đã tham gia cuộc vận động cùng tôi bằng cả trái tim mình, nói thay lời những người đã cùng lớn lên trên những đường phố ở Scranton và cùng trở về nhà trên chuyến tàu về Delaware: phó tổng thống đắc cử của nước Mỹ, Joe Biden.

Và tôi sẽ không thể được đứng đây tối nay nếu không có sự ủng hộ kiên trì của người bạn thân thiết nhất trong 16 năm qua, trụ cột của gia đình tôi, tình yêu của đời tôi và là Đệ nhất phu nhân tương lai của nước Mỹ, Michelle Obama. Hai con Sasha và Malia, bố yêu hai con hơn cả những gì các con tưởng tượng, và các con sẽ được tặng chú cún con mới vào ở cùng chúng ta tại Nhà Trắng.

Và dù bà tôi không còn nữa, song tôi biết bà đang chứng kiến giờ phút này, cùng cả gia đình đã sinh ra tôi và giúp tôi nên người. Đêm nay tôi thấy nhớ họ, và hiểu rằng tôi đã nợ họ biết bao nhiêu. Chị Maya, chị Auma và các anh chị em khác của tôi, cảm ơn mọi người đã ủng hộ. Tôi thật biết ơn họ.

Xin cảm ơn người quản lý tranh cử của tôi, ông David Plouffe, người anh hùng thầm lặng trong cuộc vận động này, người đã dựng nên cuộc vận động chính trị tuyệt vời nhất trong lịch sử Hợp Chủng Quốc Hoa Kỳ, xin cảm ơn nhà chiến lược gia chính của tôi, David Axelrod, người đã đồng hành cùng tôi trên mỗi bước đường, và cảm ơn nhóm vận động tranh cử tuyệt vời nhất trong lịch sử chính trị - các bạn đã tạo ra kỳ tích, và tôi mãi mãi biết ơn những hy sinh của các bạn cho cuộc tranh cử này .

G

goldenfish

Úi. Em cũng đang loay hoay dịch thử mà thấy các Hugolina post rồi không dám post bài của mình nữa.:">

Không biết ai là tác giả thực sự của bài speech này nhỉ?

Có một câu nói rất hay là “Đằng sau sự thành công của một người đàn ông luôn có hình bóng của một người phụ nữ” (Còn đằng sau sự thất bại của một người đàn ông luôn có hình bóng của … hai người phụ nữ:))). Các chính chị gia thành công ở Tây trong lời cảm ơn của mình rất hay nhắc tới người bạn đời của họ. Với Obama thì ông nhắc tới cả bà ngoại. Hihi. Thích thật. Thậm chí có cuốn sách em đọc trong lời nói đầu tác giả cũng cảm ơn người bạn đời nhá. Ở ta thì chả thấy mấy bác đắc cử lên cảm ơn có nhắc tới bà xã bao giờ nhỉ, toàn thấy cảm ơn mỗi Đảng với Nhà nước. Hihi. Sao lại khác nhau thía nhỉ. :confused:

H

Hugolina

(Continued)

VICTORY FOR THE PEOPLE

But above all, I will never forget who this victory truly belongs to - it belongs to you.
I was never the likeliest candidate for this office. We didn't start with much money or many endorsements. Our campaign was not hatched in the halls of Washington - it began in the backyards of Des Moines and the living rooms of Concord and the front porches of Charleston.

It was built by working men and women who dug into what little savings they had to give $5 and $10 and $20 to the cause.

It grew strength from the young people who rejected the myth of their generation's apathy; who left their homes and their families for jobs that offered little pay and less sleep; it grew strength from the not-so-young people who braved the bitter cold and scorching heat to knock on the doors of perfect strangers; from the millions of Americans who volunteered, and organised, and proved that more than two centuries later, a government of the people, by the people and for the people has not perished from the Earth.

This is your victory.

CHIẾN THẮNG CỦA NGƯỜI DÂN

Song trên hết, tôi sẽ không bao giờ quên chiến thắng này thực sự thuộc về ai – Nó thuộc về các bạn.

Tôi vốn ban đầu không phải là ứng cử viên tiềm năng nhất cho chức vụ này. Chúng tôi có không nhiều tiền bạc và sự ủng hộ khi bắt đầu cuộc tranh cử. Chiến dịch tranh cử của chúng tôi không được ấp ủ trong những phòng họp lớn ở Washington, mà được bắt đầu tại sân sau những ngôi nhà ở Des Moines, những phòng khách ở Concord và những mái hiên nhà ở Charleston.

Nó được tạo nên bởi những người lao động, những người đã vét những đồng tiền dành dụm nhỏ nhoi của mình để góp những đồng 5 đô la, 10 đô la hay 20 đô la cho cuộc tranh cử.

Nó lớn mạnh lên do những người trẻ tuổi, những người đã gạt bỏ quan niệm về sự thờ ơ của thế hệ mình với xã hội, những người đã rời bỏ căn nhà và gia đình của mình để đi kiếm những công việc mang lại đồng tiền lương ít ỏi và vất vả về thời gian. Nó lớn mạnh lên từ những người dù không còn trẻ nhưng đã không quản giá rét hay nắng nóng, đến gõ cửa những gia đình hoàn toàn xa lạ để vận động, từ hàng triệu người dân Mỹ đã tình nguyện , tổ chức và chứng minh rằng, sau hơn hai thế kỷ, chính quyền của dân, do dân và vì dân vẫn chưa bị diệt vong trên Trái đất này..

Đây là thắng lợi của các bạn.

THE TASK AHEAD

I know you didn't do this just to win an election and I know you didn't do it for me. You did it because you understand the enormity of the task that lies ahead. For even as we celebrate tonight, we know the challenges that tomorrow will bring are the greatest of our lifetime - two wars, a planet in peril, the worst financial crisis in a century.

Even as we stand here tonight, we know there are brave Americans waking up in the deserts of Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan to risk their lives for us.
There are mothers and fathers who will lie awake after their children fall asleep and wonder how they'll make the mortgage, or pay their doctor's bills, or save enough for their child's college education. There is new energy to harness and new jobs to be created; new schools to build and threats to meet and alliances to repair.

NHIỆM VỤ PHÍA TRƯỚC

Tôi biết các bạn tham gia không chỉ để giành chiến thắng trong bầu cử và tôi biết rằng các bạn tham gia không phải vì riêng tôi. Các bạn làm điều đó vì nhận thức được tầm lớn lao của những nhiệm vụ phía trước. Ngay cả khi đang ăn mừng tối nay, chúng ta đều biết rõ những thử thách của ngày mai là những thử thách lớn nhất trong đời chúng ta – đó là hai cuộc chiến tranh, một hành tinh đang bị đe dọa và cuộc khủng hoảng tài chính lớn nhất trong thế kỷ.

Ngay lúc này đây, khi chúng ta đứng đây tối nay, chúng ta biết rằng có những người Mỹ quả cảm đang thức trắng đêm trên những sa mạc ở Iraq và những ngọn núi ở Afghanistan, liều mạng sống của mình vì chúng ta.

Có những bà mẹ và ông bố trằn trọc thao thức khi con mình đã yên giấc vì lo phải làm sao kiếm tiền thế chấp ngân hàng, tiền chữa bệnh, hay làm cách nào để kiếm đủ tiền cho con học đại học. Cần khai thác những nguồn năng lượng mới và cần tạo ra những việc làm mới, cần xây dựng những trường học mới, cần đối mặt với những hiểm họa và cần hàn gắn lại những mối quan hệ liên minh.

REMAKING THE NATION

The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even in one term, but America - I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you - we as a people will get there.

There will be setbacks and false starts. There are many who won't agree with every decision or policy I make as president, and we know that government can't solve every problem. But I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face. I will listen to you, especially when we disagree.

And above all, I will ask you to join in the work of remaking this nation the only way it's been done in America for 221 years - block by block, brick by brick, calloused hand by calloused hand.

TÁI TẠO DÂN TỘC

Con đường phía trước sẽ rất dài. Ngọn dốc ta phải vượt qua rất cao. Có thể chúng ta sẽ không tới được đích trong một năm hay thậm chí là trong cả một nhiệm kỳ tổng thống, song, hỡi nước Mỹ, tôi chưa bao giờ tràn đầy hy vọng như tối nay, rằng chúng ta sẽ đạt tới đích. Tôi xin hứa với các bạn, chúng ta, với tư cách là một dân tộc, sẽ tới được đích.

Sẽ có những thất bại và sai lầm. Sẽ có nhiều người không đồng ý với từng quyết định hay chính sách mà tôi đưa ra trên cương vị tổng thống, và chúng ta biết rằng chính phủ không thể giải quyết được tất cả mọi vấn đề. Nhưng tôi sẽ luôn nói thật với các bạn về những khó khăn chúng ta phải đối phó. Tôi sẽ lắng nghe các bạn, nhất là khi chúng ta bất đồng quan điểm.

Và trên hết, tôi cần các bạn cùng tham gia vào công việc tái tạo lại dân tộc này, cách duy nhất từng được làm tại nước Mỹ trong 221 năm qua, người người, tay nắm tay đoàn kết.

ONE NATION, ONE PEOPLE

What began 21 months ago in the depths of winter cannot end on this autumn night. This victory alone is not the change we seek - it is only the chance for us to make that change. And that cannot happen if we go back to the way things were. It cannot happen without you, without a new spirit of service, a new spirit of sacrifice.

So let us summon a new spirit of patriotism; of service and responsibility where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves, but each other. Let us remember that if this financial crisis taught us anything, it's that we cannot have a thriving Wall Street while Main Street suffers - in this country, we rise or fall as one nation; as one people.

Let us resist the temptation to fall back on the same partisanship and pettiness and immaturity that has poisoned our politics for so long. Let us remember that it was a man from this state who first carried the banner of the Republican Party to the White House - a party founded on the values of self-reliance, individual liberty, and national unity.

Those are values that we all share, and while the Democratic Party has won a great victory tonight, we do so with a measure of humility and determination to heal the divides that have held back our progress. As Lincoln said to a nation far more divided than ours: "We are not enemies, but friends… though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection."

And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn - I may not have won your vote tonight, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your president too.

CẢ NƯỚC LÀ MỘT DÂN TỘC

Những gì bắt đầu cách đây 21 tháng vào giữa mùa đông không thể kết thúc trong buổi tối mùa thu hôm nay. Chiến thắng này, riêng nó không phải là sự thay đổi mà chúng ta tìm kiếm mà chỉ là cơ hội để chúng ta tạo nên sự thay đổi đó. Và sự thay đổi đó không thể xảy ra nếu chúng ta lại trở lại lối mòn cũ. Nó không thể xảy ra nếu thiếu các bạn, thiếu một tinh thần phụng sự mới, một tinh thần hy sinh mới.

Vì thế, chúng ta hãy nêu một tinh thần yêu nước mới, tinh thần phục vụ và trách nhiệm mà trong đó, mỗi chúng ta thực sự quyết tâm, làm việc chăm chỉ hơn và quan tâm không chỉ đến bản thân mình, mà còn đến những người khác. Chúng ta hãy nhớ rằng bài học mà chúng ta rút ra được từ cuộc khủng hoảng tài chính này chính là việc chúng ta không thể có một Phố Wall thịnh vượng trong khi cả xã hội đang phải chịu tổn thất – trên đất nước này, khi thịnh vượng hay khó khăn, chúng ta cùng là một dân tộc, một quốc gia.

Chúng ta đừng lại rơi vào sự bè phái, ích kỷ và thiếu chín chắn vốn đã đầu độc nền chính trị của chúng ta bao lâu nay. Chúng ta hãy nhớ rằng một người của chính bang này là người đầu tiên mang vào Nhà trắng lá cờ của đảng Cộng hòa, một đảng được lập trên những giá trị của tự chủ, tự do cá nhân và thống nhất quốc gia.

Đó là những giá trị mà tất cả chúng ta cùng chia sẻ, và mặc dù Đảng Dân chủ tối nay đã thắng lớn, chúng ta vẫn chia sẻ điều đó với sự khiêm tốn và quyết tâm hàn gắn sự chia rẽ đang kìm những bước tiến của chúng ta.Như Lincoln đã từng nói khi dân tộc bị chia rẽ còn hơn chúng ta hiện nay: "Chúng ta không phải là kẻ thù mà là bè bạn… cho dù sự giận dữ có thể làm cho tình bạn đó thành căng thẳng, nhưng không thể cắt đứt những ràng buộc tình cảm”

Với những người dân Mỹ mà tôi còn phải giành được sự ủng hộ, có thể tối nay tôi chưa nhận được sự tín nhiệm từ các bạn, song tôi luôn lắng nghe các bạn, tôi cần sự giúp đỡ của các bạn và tôi cũng sẽ là tổng thống của các bạn.

H

Hugolina

Đoạn cuối này quá lắm điển tích được dẫn ra. Đụng đâu cũng thấy lịch sử. Diễn giải thì dài, tớ sẽ để link đến các điển tích để bà con tự nghiên cứu nhé:

AMERICA IN THE WORLD

And to all those watching tonight from beyond our shores, from parliaments and palaces to those who are huddled around radios in the forgotten corners of the world - our stories are singular, but our destiny is shared, and a new dawn of American leadership is at hand.

To those who would tear the world down - we will defeat you. To those who seek peace and security - we support you.

And to all those who have wondered if America's beacon still burns as bright - tonight we proved once more that the true strength of our nation comes not from the might of our arms or the scale of our wealth, but from the enduring power of our ideals: democracy, liberty, opportunity and unyielding hope.

For that is the true genius of America - that America can change. Our union can be perfected. And what we have already achieved gives us hope for what we can and must achieve tomorrow.

NƯỚC MỸ VỚI THẾ GIỚI

Và với những người đang theo dõi buổi lễ tối nay qua TV từ nước ngoài, từ các nghị viện và các lâu đài, với những người ở các vùng xa xôi trên trái đất đang lắng nghe qua radio sự kiện này – mỗi nước chúng ta có một lịch sử riêng, song chúng ta lại cùng chung vận mệnh, và một tương lai với sự lãnh đạo của nước Mỹ đang tới.

Với những kẻ đang muốn hủy hoại thế giới này – chúng tôi sẽ đánh bại các người. Với những người yêu chuộng hòa bình và an ninh – chúng tôi ủng hộ các bạn.

Và với những ai còn hoài nghi liệu Hoa kỳ nay có còn là người dẫn đường cho cả thế giới – tối nay, một lần nữa chúng tôi đã chứng minh cho các bạn thấy rằng sức mạnh thực sự của đất nước chúng tôi không phải là do vũ khí hay tiền bạc mà là từ sức mạnh vĩnh hằng của lý tưởng : dân chủ, tự do, thời cơ và hy vọng luôn tràn đầy.

Với tinh thần thực sự đó – nước Mỹ có thể thay đổi. Mối đoàn kết của chúng tôi có thể được củng cố. Và những gì chúng tôi đã đạt được đem đến cho chúng tôi niềm hy vọng vào những gì chúng tôi có thể và cần phải đạt được trong tương lai.

A HISTORY OF STRUGGLE

This election had many firsts and many stories that will be told for generations. But one that's on my mind tonight is about a woman who cast her ballot in Atlanta. She's a lot like the millions of others who stood in line to make their voice heard in this election except for one thing - Ann Nixon Cooper is 106 years old.

She was born just a generation past slavery; a time when there were no cars on the road or planes in the sky; when someone like her couldn't vote for two reasons - because she was a woman and because of the colour of her skin.

And tonight, I think about all that she's seen throughout her century in America - the heartache and the hope; the struggle and the progress; the times we were told that we can't, and the people who pressed on with that American creed: Yes, we can.

At a time when women's voices were silenced and their hopes dismissed, she lived to see them stand up and speak out and reach for the ballot. Yes, we can.

When there was despair in the dust bowl and depression across the land, she saw a nation conquer fear itself with a New Deal, new jobs and a new sense of common purpose. Yes, we can.

When the bombs fell on our harbour and tyranny threatened the world, she was there to witness a generation rise to greatness and a democracy was saved. Yes, we can.
She was there for the buses in Montgomery, the hoses in Birmingham, a bridge in Selma, and a preacher from Atlanta who told a people that "we shall overcome". Yes, we can.

A man touched down on the Moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was connected by our own science and imagination. And this year, in this election, she touched her finger to a screen, and cast her vote, because after 106 years in America, through the best of times and the darkest of hours, she knows how America can change. Yes, we can.

LỊCH SỬ ĐẤU TRANH

Cuộc bầu cử này có nhiều điều quan trọng và nhiều câu chuyện sẽ còn được kể đến mai sau. Nhưng câu chuyện còn in trong tâm trí tôi tối nay là về một người phụ nữ đi bỏ phiếu tại Atlanta. Bà cũng giống hàng ngàn người khác, xếp hàng để góp tiếng nói của mình trong cuộc bầu cử này ngoại trừ một điều : Bà, Ann Nixon Cooper, năm nay đã 106 tuổi.

Bà là người thuộc thế hệ đầu tiên ra đời sau khi chế độ nô lệ chấm dứt, thời mà chưa có ô tô trên đường phố và chưa có máy bay trên không trung, thời mà một người như bà không được đi bỏ phiếu vì hai lẽ : là phụ nữ và là người da màu.

Và tối nay, tôi suy nghĩ về những gì bà đã chứng kiến tại nước Mỹ trong cả thế kỷ qua, đau khổ và hy vọng, đấu tranh và tiến bộ, thời mà người ta dạy ta rằng ta không được quyền làm việc này việc kia, và có những người đã thôi thúc chúng ta bằng Tín điều Mỹ: Có, ta có thể làm được.

Ở thời mà người phụ nữ không có tiếng nói và mất hết hy vọng, bà đã sống và chứng kiến họ đứng lên, lên tiếng và giành được quyền bầu cử. Vâng, chúng ta có thể làm được.

Khi bóng đen của thời Đại khủng hoảng (1930) bao trùm đất nước, bà đã chứng kiến cả dân tộc chiến thắng sự sợ hãi băng Chính sách Đổi mới Kinh tế (New Deal), bằng những việc làm mới và tinh thần vì mục tiêu chung. Vâng, chúng ta có thể làm được.

Khi bom rơi xuống Trân Châu Cảng và chế độ độc tài đe dọa thế giới, bà đã chứng kiến một thế hệ đứng lên vĩ đại và một chế độ dân chủ đã được bảo vệ. Vâng, chúng ta có thể làm được.

Bà đã tham gia phong trào chống đối xử phân biệt trên xe buýt ở Montgomery những năm 1955, có mặt trong những cuộc diểu hành đòi dân quyền cho người da đen ở Birmingham những năm đầu 1960 và ở Selma năm 1965, khi Martin Luther King đã tuyên bố với cả dân tộc rằng” Chúng tôi sẽ thắng lợi”. Vâng, chúng ta có thể làm được!

Con người đã đặt chân lên Mặt Trăng, bức tường Berlin đã sụp đổ và thế giới đã được liên kết bởi khoa học và khả năng sáng tạo của chúng ta. Và năm nay, trong cuộc bầu cử này, bà đã chạm ngón tay lên màn hình để bỏ lá phiếu cử tri của mình, bởi sau 106 năm của cuộc đời mình tại Mỹ và trải nghiệm mọi đắng cay vui buồn, bà hiểu được khả năng thay đổi của nước Mỹ. Vâng, chúng ta có thể làm được!

THIS IS OUR MOMENT

America, we have come so far. We have seen so much. But there is so much more to do. So tonight, let us ask ourselves - if our children should live to see the next century; if my daughters should be so lucky to live as long as Ann Nixon Cooper, what change will they see? What progress will we have made?

This is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment.

This is our time - to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: yes, we can.

Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America.

ĐÂY LÀ THỜI ĐIỂM CỦA CHÚNG TA

Hỡi nước Mỹ, chúng ta đã đi được một chặng đường xa. Chúng ta đã chứng kiến thật nhiều. Song vẫn còn nhiều điểu phải làm phía trước. Vì thế tối nay, chúng ta hãy tự hỏi mình, nếu như con cái chúng ta sống đến thế kỷ sau, nếu như các con tôi cũng may mắn sống lâu được như bà Ann Nixon Cooper, chúng sẽ được chứng kiến những thay đổi gì? Tới lúc đó chúng ta đã đạt làm được những gì?

Đây là cơ hội để chúng ta đáp lại những đòi hỏi đó. Đây là thời điểm của chúng ta.
Đây là lúc dân tộc chúng ta trở lại làm việc và mở cửa đón cơ hội cho con cháu chúng ta, duy trì sự thịnh vượng và ủng hộ cho hòa bình, phục hồi lại Giấc mơ Mỹ, xác tín chân lý cơ bản rằng phải đoàn kết, rằng còn sống thì chúng ta còn hy vọng, và nếu bị nghi ngờ, chỉ trích hay có ai đó nói rằng chúng ta không thể thành công, thì chúng ta sẽ trả lời bằng Tín điều Mỹ, thứ đã được hun đúc bằng tinh thần của cả dân tộc: Có, chúng tôi có thể thành công!

Xin cảm ơn các bạn, Thượng đế sẽ phù hộ cho các bạn và mong Thượng đế phù hộ cho nước Mỹ

Để hiểu rõ hơn, đề nghị bà con tham khảo:
-
Ann Nixon Cooper :http://www.thehistorymakers.com/biography/biography.asp?bioindex=739
- American Creed: http://www.ushistory.org/documents/creed.htm
- New Deal: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Deal
- Montgomery Bus Boyccot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montgomery_Bus_Boycott
- Birmingham campaign: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_campaign
- Edmund Pettus bridge : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Pettus_Bridge
- A preacher from Attlanta :http://books.google.com/books?id=rx...ts=KBGeQdTNe1&sig=BDjl00J6Vz6MMa32Yzx0uui33oY
- American dream: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Dream
- Out of many we are one: http://www.greatseal.com/mottoes/unum.html