Tác giả Dự toán GXD
Thành viên BQT
Tham gia
6/7/07
Bài viết
Điểm thành tích
Website
giaxaydung.vn
Today, I introduce you some mathematical terms which I think maybe very useful to calculate quantity tasks on construction site or take off quantity etc. They are:

3 + 5 = 8 -> three plus five is eight
7 - 1 = 6 -> seven minus one is six
10 / 5 = 2 -> ten divided by five is two
2 x 2 = 4 -> two times / multiplied by two is four
5 + 4 = 9 -> five plus four is / equals nine
75% -> seventy-five percent
1/4 -> a quarter
1/3 -> a third
1/2 -> a half
3/4 -> three quarters
1 1/2 -> one and a half

Last edited by a moderator:

nguyentheanh

Tác giả Dự toán GXD
Thành viên BQT
Tham gia
6/7/07
Bài viết
Điểm thành tích
Website
giaxaydung.vn
Nowaday our works maybe cann't finished without MS Excel program. One of the very important Excel command I usualy using is AutoFilter.
Filtering is a quick and easy way to find and work with a subset of data in a range. A filtered range displays only the rows that meet the criteria you specify for a column. MS Excel provides command for filtering ranges is AutoFilter, which includes filter by selection, for simple criteria. Unlike sorting, filtering does not rearrange a range. Filtering temporarily hides rows you do not want displayed.
When Excel filters rows, you can edit, format, chart, and print your range subset without rearranging or moving it.
Following, may I introduce to you some conception you will meet when use AutoFilter command in Excel.

equals: 5 + 5 = 10 -> five plus five equal ten
does not equal: 5 x 4 # 10 -> five times four does not equal ten
is greater than: 20 - 9 > 10 -> twenty minus nine is greater than ten
is greater than or equal to: x : 10 > 20 -> x divided by ten is greater than or equal to twenty
is less than: x : 10 < 20 -> x divided by ten is less than twenty
is less than or equal to: x : 10 < 20 -> x divided by 10 is less than or equal to twenty

DutoanGXD

SmartSoftware
Tham gia
7/7/07
Bài viết
Điểm thành tích
Today, I introduce you some mathematical terms which I think maybe very useful to calculate quantity tasks on construction site or take off quantity etc. They are:

Mr TA, there are several mistakes in your writing:
1 - In the thread topic: the subject is "some .. terms" which is in a plural form, therefore the verb must be "are", not "is".
Oh, you have corrected it already.
2 - "which I think maybe very useful" should be "which I think may be useful". We need a verb after the auxiliary may, not the word maybe, because we have got a subject for the phrase - which.
3 - What do you mean in the phrase "to calculate quantity tasks"? Do you mean "to calculate the quantity of construction tasks (activities)". When you put "quantity" before "tasks", it gets an adjective role.
4- You shouldn't say "I introduce". You may say "I will introduce" or "I would like to introduce" or even "I am introducing" (less often)

nguyentheanh

Tác giả Dự toán GXD
Thành viên BQT
Tham gia
6/7/07
Bài viết
Điểm thành tích
Website
giaxaydung.vn
Dear Mr. Hamo

I am preparation IELTS now. I practice to write something. And there are a lot of mistake in my essay, I think. It's very kind of you to correct my mistake. You help me more confident. I hope one day I can do the things like you.

Thank you so much

P/S: An intelligent, young, lovely and beautiful girl who on this 4room want to be your close friends (more things are better):beer:. I sent her nick to you. You should add her nick in your list and begin discover her heart. Don't miss your change one more time:D, please.

Linhcc

Thành viên mới
Tham gia
21/8/07
Bài viết
Điểm thành tích
Tuổi
Dear Mr. Hamo

I am preparation IELTS now. I practice to write something. And there are a lot of mistake in my essay, I think. It's very kind of you to correct my mistake. You help me more confident. I hope one day I can do the things like you.

Thank you so much

P/S: An intelligent, young, lovely and beautiful girl who on this 4room want to be your close friends (more things are better):beer:. I sent her nick to you. You should add her nick in your list and begin discover her heart. Don't miss your change one more time:D, please.

Practice V-ing
An ... girl - wants - friend
Who on??? (where is the verb). I think we can delete the word "who" here to make the sentence simple
Begin to do sth or V-ing

Dear Mr. The Anh,

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to your contribution for this website so far.

I have just discovered Giaxaydung.vn for few days and what a surprise! It's seem that we can find anything concerning construction here.
Honestly, I and my friend used to have a desire to create a forum discussing construction field which focus on Price, Estimation, Quality and Prevailing Law.
Unfortunately, we haven't had enough inspiration, time and knowledge to do as what you did.
Anyway, fortunately now I find your forum where I can learn many things and in return, I hope to contribute some of my small knowledge to enrich huge knowledge stock.
You know? First time I accessed this forum, I found so many things to read, comment and share that I didn't know where to start. And these day, I have spend most of time to glide on this forum and neglect my job.

Personally, as a construction economist graduated from Hanoi University of Civil Engineering and having a hobby of studying English, I had a dream to take IELT test and get a scholarship to study aboard. But you know, I even don't dare to try. I can't find someone with the same aspiration and speciality. The information on internet is abundant and it made me confused. I don't have somebody to lead me or share experience. I read somewhere in this forum, you said you downloaded many English learning materials from internet but was lazy to study them. I had the same situation. Only 10% of the knowledge in that materials if we can master, it's enough for us, I think.

It's nearly two years since my graduation, I think it's to difficult and I don't have enough effort to make my dream come true. From the day I saw your writing here my desire arises again. One more time, I wanna try and I hope to receive your help.

I heard someone said you have a lot of experience working as QS and I read many of your English writing. It's exciting to hear so because I am also working as a QS. I worked half year in Vietnamese consultant company as an Estimator before working as a QS for one Japanese Contractor executing ODA capital Project in Hanoi.

Many people in this forum seem to know each other in advance. I would like to know some personal information of you and some MODs and active members of this forum If you don't mind.

Best regard,

DutoanGXD

SmartSoftware
Tham gia
7/7/07
Bài viết
Điểm thành tích
Dear Mr. Hamo

Thank you so much.

Mr TA,
I am very glad that you find my work useful. This is the motivation for me to continue with it :D. TA (d'ya know whotit means? :))

As Linhcc has pointed out, there are still some mistakes in your writing above.

1. I am preparing for my IELTS exams now.
The present continuous tense should be use in this sentence, because this is an on going action (now).
IELTS is a system, not a test. Therefore, you need to add the word "exams" in. Why not "exam"? Well, you may write "an IELTS exam".

2. If you want to use the verb "practice" in present simple tense, you may want to add "everyday", "every week", or the likes... because "present simple is used to describe both habits and or routines".

3. Practive + Verb-ing: practice writing. (Thanks to Linhcc).

4. a lot of mistake:a lot + a countable noun in plural -> a lot of mistakes.
Or you may use the phrase "lots of", which is more formal: lots of mistakes.

5. In formal writing, you may not use "It's". Use "It is" instead".

6. help + object + (to) + infinitive: help me feel more confident.

7. "the things like you": "the" could be omitted. We have never mentioned about those "things" before in the writing. Also, I am not a "thing". Therefore, we need a verb after you: "do things like you do". (I believe you can do more than that.)

8. Never forget the fullstop (.) after the last sentence.

9. "An intelligent, young, lovely and beautiful girl". You may pay more attention on adjective order:
opinion - size - age - shape - colour - origin - material - purpose then NOUN
"An intelligent, lovely, beautiful and young girl"

10. You may write "who is on this forum" or just "on this forum" (see Linhcc's comment for this and wants)

11. your close friends: a girl can not be "friends", use "one of your close friends" instead, or just "friend".

12. "I did send her nick to you." or "I had/have sent her nick to you."

13. add sth to a collection: You should add her nick to your list.

14. Yes, begin discovering her heart (thanks to Linhcc). (Why not let her discover mine? :beat:)

15. "miss you change": I bet you meant "miss your chance".

16. There may be some mistakes in MY writing as well :D.

C

chaunghich

Mr TA, there are several mistakes in your writing:
1 - In the thread topic: the subject is "some .. terms" which is in a plural form, therefore the verb must be "are", not "is".
Oh, you have corrected it already.
2 - "which I think maybe very useful" should be "which I think may be useful". We need a verb after the auxiliary may, not the word maybe, because we have got a subject for the phrase - which.
3 - What do you mean in the phrase "to calculate quantity tasks"? Do you mean "to calculate the quantity of construction tasks (activities)". When you put "quantity" before "tasks", it gets an adjective role.
4- You shouldn't say "I introduce". You may say "I will introduce" or "I would like to introduce" or even "I am introducing" (less often)

After reading your text to correct for Mr TA, I want you help me same TA
:D

Tải bộ cài phần mềm Dự toán GXD, Đấu thầu GXD, Thanh Quyết toán GXD, Quản lý chất lượng GXD. Dành cho người mua bản quyền
Kích để xem khóa học Dự toán công trình
Kích để xem khóa học Dự toán công trình
Phần mềm quản lý chất lượng công trình QLCL GXD
Tìm hiểu khóa học Thanh Quyết toán GXD

Các bài viết mới