The problems and responsibility of Site Manager

• Khởi xướng phuctpv
  • Ngày gửi
P

phuctpv

Dear all members,

Today, I would like introduce to everybody about my topic: The problems and responsibility of Site Manager

Frankly, there are too many things when we discuss about this topic. I want to contribute a small part of my participation and hope it will be useful in order to get successful in the site management field.

Firstly,we will discuss how can manage quantities, labor and money.
Secondly, we will discuss what is the problems of Site Manager .

Your attention to this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Q

queenbee

That should be a very interesting topic. And I also wait for the enthusiastic participation of all of you.

@To Mr. Phuctpv: I would like to correct the following sentences:
"....it will be useful in order to get SUCCESS in the site management field".
"...what ARE the problems of Site Manager?"
Your attention to this matter will be HIGHLY appreciated.

P

phuctpv

Checking quantity every month month is very importance for construction site that payment is paid on each month. Base on checked qty, we will make the claim for Owner/ Client and money will be released, this is a part of successful management site.
My site was lack of surveyor qty, so during along time, we have not claimed yet the payment from Owner. therefore, it have impacted on our finance and the project was delayed by the consequence of this problem.
Thats why that I think checking qty each month on time and the site should have a good surveyor qty, it will bring about considerable effect of site management.

P's Ms Flower: I think this topic is not so interesting, only you give to me comment and consider me, thank you very much.

nguyentheanh

Tác giả Dự toán GXD
Thành viên BQT
Tham gia
6/7/07
Bài viết
Điểm thành tích
Website
giaxaydung.vn
Dear Mr phuctpv and Ms Flower
I am glad to meet you here. I think your English is very good. I will learn much from you.
Where are you from Mr phuctpv ? Are you from Da Lat province ?
I think, this is a new room. We've just started it that many people haven't know about it yet. But I think Construction English is the most important topic here. I hope I will have more time to visit here and discuss with all of you about everything. I my opinion, this place is interesting or not dependent on you and me. Do you agree with me?

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NguyenThaiDuong

Ðề: The problems and responsibility of Site Manager

Sorry Mr. Nguyen The Anh, this is my first time visit this site, dont know what to say, but it's really big site with all kind of information.

N

NguyenThaiDuong

Mr The anh and Mr Phuc, it would be nice if you introduce me a little bit more detail about the site, what i should do, ...
(my profession is Planning, Architecture and English.

Q

queenbee

@ To phuctpv: I think your English is very good and i am sure that is an interesting topic. However, this is quite a new forum, we need time for everybody getting used to with it. Furthermore, not all people have good knowledge of English like you, they can read your argument, but not many people can write what they think.

@ To Mr. The Anh: I am Ms. Flower, not Mr. hihihihi :) :)

D

Doimoi

Dear Ms Flower!
In my idea, we should made some topic to disscuss like Mr phuctpv's topic. After that, base on everyone's knowlegde and number of attendance we can divide in to some groups. Every group will present and protec to his viewing and such as improving knowlegde and English.I think in the way, this room will be full and noisy.

The problems and responsibility of Site Manager
OK! I agree with Mr phuct's opinion in quantity checking on every months. But I think there are more and more advatage should not be presented. I would like show additional of saying in Quantity surveyor as following:
- Supporting site manager to control project schedule, especially viewing the deadline. In my point of view, if you have not control the quantities had done on site you can not meet the requirement progrees of pjorect.
- Supporting to make plan for everything as forcase material supply, money flow, equipment mobilization. In additional, quantity checking carefully can be saving money.

Above my opinion for Checking quantity, enjoying and disscussing to make improving your knowlegde and English.

P/S: Long time to use writing skill in english, to be sure having mistakes. Pleas find and replace for me. Thank a lot!

N

naut

i'm not good at english, so I still read your post. Your experience is helpful for me to understand about site manager.
My question " How do we check the quantiy by?" and "what the survayor quantity should do?".

Nice to meet everybody.

P

phuctpv

Dear all attendance,

Firstly, Thank for all of your opinions
There is different kind of quantity for different construction site. The amount will be paid in the form of lump sum or separate pay items, therefore, the quantity will be followed by this one.
At my site, there are so many items was paid in the form separate pay items, so I have to use the best form so as to suit and bring best effect with our site management.
So, how to make the best form by Excel and some construction software, that is very importance for checking and controlling the quantity at site.
For your reference, I enclosed the form that I have made for my site, Do you have the other sample forms, please post and share.

@to Mr Doimoi, when I read your theme, I guess that your position is the most importance on site management, Am I right or wrong:). I hope you will give for all of us your experience as well as the best form that you used for your site.
@ To Mr The Anh : I come from HCMC, My current site near Dalat,so, I have free time to go Dalat every week, if you have free time, come to Dalat, I will guide you to go to the special coffee shop " Cung To Chieu " where the singer have the singing voice like Khanh Ly
@ to Ms Thanh Hoa (my teacher :beer:): Hence, I hope this room will an interesting room with many attendance. Pls revise and correct my theme's mistake.

File đính kèm

• Progress Claim Dec.05+ Jan.06.xls
    275 KB · Đọc: 342
Q

queenbee

Dear all attendance,

Thank you for your opinions.

There are different kinds of quantity for different construction site. The amount will be paid in form of lump sum or separate pay(?) items, as a result, that will be followed by the quantity.

At my site, there are many items paid in the form of separate pay items, so I have to use the best form so as to suit and have best effect on our site management.

So, how to make the best form by Excel and/or construction software? That is very important for checking and controlling the quantity at site.

I enclose herewith the form that I have made and used at my site for your reference. If you have other sample forms, I would be very pleased if you can post and share to everybody.

Thank you very much for your attendance and waiting for your argument.

@phuctpv: I have made some corrections to your argument (but please do not call me "my teacher" :)). I think your experience is very valuable to many people especially the ones working as site manager. I have no experience in this field, thus, the thing I can do is only to help you and other people to correct any mistake (if any). And, I like Dalat so much but have never come here. Hope have time to visit here (in the future)! :rolleyes: :)

T

tuonghai

Hi everybody,
I have just joined this room but I saw that this room is very interesting.
@phuctpv: Thank you very much for your themes. It is very useful to me whom will graduate from university at next year. I'm come from Da Lat. But now I'm being HCM for my studying. So if there has chance, will we have a cup of coffee? :)
Have a nice day!

D

ducxd

site manegement

hi every body, I am interested in this topic that Phuc gives out to everyone to discuss.
I am a new member and I like English. I am an engneer, graduated university of civil engineering in 2005.

V

vinaconex-itc

@phuctpv: I have made some corrections to your argument (but please do not call me "my teacher" :)). I think your experience is very valuable to many people especially the ones working as site manager. I have no experience in this field, thus, the thing I can do is only to help you and other people to correct any mistake (if any). And, I like Dalat so much but have never come here. Hope have time to visit here (in the future)! :rolleyes: :)

should be there not here anyways nice to know ppl here i might be a new comer and will learn much out of you

nostgn

Thành viên có triển vọng
Tham gia
14/12/07
Bài viết
Điểm thành tích
Dear all members,

Today, I would like introduce to everybody about my topic: The problems and responsibility of Site Manager

Frankly, there are too many things when we discuss about this topic. I want to contribute a small part of my participation and hope it will be useful in order to get successful in the site management field.

Firstly,we will discuss how can manage quantities, labor and money.
Secondly, we will discuss what is the problems of Site Manager .

Your attention to this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dear Mr Phuctpv,

Your idea of making this topic is great. But its content cover huge field. So in order make it be easy for members to contribute thier knowlage, I think you should list some aspect whith sugestion for our discussion. For example: Relaition management; Schedule; quality; quantity;...

Regard,

quygtvt

Thành viên có triển vọng
Tham gia
21/1/08
Bài viết
Điểm thành tích
To write carefully

Dear all,
This topic is very helpful to everyone to improve knowledge and English skill. Therefore, please write carefully, otherwise your writing may confuse the elementary English members (e.g. me :">).
I suggest that we will write in Microsoft Word what to post. Then, copy and paste it into edit windows. (Microsoft Word can help us to check spelling and grammar).
Thank you a lot.